Monday, April 7, 2008

Flavor of the Week - April 7th

I didn't quite watch anything interesting this past week, since I was mainly hooked on the Miami Masters. I've been watching a bit of Ally McBeal just to waste some time and there was this episode that talked about this guy who hated short people and how the politically correct term to describe short people would be "vertically challenged" which I thought was just HILARIOUS! Who the hell came up with that term?! I am super short, and I think the term vertically challenged sounds quite offensive... what's wrong with the word short?

Anyways, I've been listening to a lot of Al Green and Aretha Franklin this past week.

My song picks for the week would be:

Rihanna - Unfaithful
Al Green - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me
Vonda Shepard - You Belong To Me (a lot of people covered this song including Lifehouse's Jason Wade)

and finally, Lifehouse's cover of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" (see link below)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia26w-uWm_g

Enjoy, and have a good week.

Cheers, from the "vertically challenged" Reem :)

No comments: