Thursday, January 22, 2009

Safin Wants to be in Federer's Shoes...

Photo credit: Getty Images via AustralianOpen.com

"He [Federer] won a couple of Grand Slams afterwards. And me, I got injured. I had to recover from the injuries, so we went in different ways. He got much more confident throughout the years, and I had to recover from injury. So I want to be in his shoes... But, anyway, it's our lives, part of our lives."

I don't blame you man, who doesn't wanna be in Fed's shoes?!?! But "a couple" of Grand Slams after your 2005 Aussie Open encounter?!?! That's like the understatement of the year, Marat!!

Federer and Safin will face off in the third round of the Aussie Open on Friday. Anyone else psyched to see that match?!?! I know I am...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

"He [Federer] won a couple of Grand Slams afterwards."

Safin was being deliberately ironic. He's not just a pretty face, he has an extremely subtle wit, which sometimes goes over people's heads.

Reem said...

Hi Heidi. Yes I totally agree... Safin is really witty and of course he was being sarcastic.. I love his interviews... and most of the time the reporters at the press conferences don't get his sarcastic tone...