Tuesday, February 24, 2009

COMEDY SPOTS: Hugh Jackman Oscar Night Quotes

I was really surprised by Hugh Jackman in the Oscars last night. People's Sexiest Man Alive was unexpectedly funny and I think he did a pretty good job hosting the event. After last night, I believe that guy can do pretty much everything. Who knew Wolverine could sing and dance?!?! Here are some of my favorite quotes from the evening's host:

"The Academy loves to salute range... Salute Kate Winslet, an English actress playing a German - nominated. Robert Downey JR, an American actor playing an Australian actor playing an African American - nominated. Whereas me, I'm an Australian who played an Australian in a film called Australia - hosting!"
Hugh Jackman's opening joke of the night.

“Everything is being down-sized because of the recession. Next year i’ll be starring in a movie called New Zealand."

“Say whatever you like because we’re on a seven-second delay but if you win we switch to twenty.”
Jackman to the famously foul-mouthed Mickey Rourke.

“Here’s Brad and Angelina. I don’t have a joke for them, I’m just contractually obliged to mention them at least five times in the show.”

And my favorite one from Jackman was:

"Fifteen career Oscar nominations. That's a record! I hate to say it but when someone puts up numbers like that, it's just hard not to think steroids."
Hugh Jackman on Meryl Streep's record 15 nominations at the Oscars.

Here's a video of Jackman's opening number at the Oscars:

3 comments:

Javier said...

Hahaha The steroids one was hilarious!!! Seth Rogen and James Franco were also very funny.

Rozza said...

sexiest man alive indeed!!

Reem said...

haha shofty?!?! who knew he was this talented aslan?!?!?!