Thursday, March 26, 2009

"I know how I have to play [Rafa]," says Federer

Photo via AFP

"Well, I mean, I guess you could analyze it but in a big way. But at the same time, it just happens sometimes. Of course I was disappointed the way the match ended in Australia, also how it ended at Indian Wells. But at the same time, you know, it's not the end of the world, you know. You move on from there, and you try to not make it happen.

But honestly, it doesn't really play on my mind a whole lot, you know, because I go out there and try to play every point as tough as I can. When errors happen, it's disappointing; and when they don't happen, it's what you expect, kind of.


It was a bit unexpected, but I just have to make sure I play well and have the right attitude. I was excited. I was playing okay midway through the second set, so it was surprising to play so bad towards the end."


Federer discusses his recent losses to Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray, during a pre-Sony Ericsson Open press conference.

"Well, you know, I'm very excited, you know, so is Mirka. We're looking forward to see how it's going to, you know, impact, you know, our lives. You know, I hung around quite a few kids, you know, last few years, so it's been fun seeing, you know, how it all works. You know, before that, I was, you know, young myself. So I think it's sort of the right time now for us to do this move, and, yeah, we'll see how it goes."

Federer, you know, on becoming a dad, you know... "I was young myself" ?!?! Seriously?!

"No, I play as well as I can against him. I've tried many different things against Rafa."

"Usually, it's the aggressive playing style that makes me beat Rafa. And especially on the hardcourts, you know, I didn't get that many chances if I look back. I've had so many more times on clay... You know, on a hardcourt I have to play aggressive against him. There's no way around that. I know how I have to play him. I've beat him enough to know."


Federer on facing Rafael Nadal.

Well here's a thought, if you knows how you're supposed to play Rafa, how come you've lost your last 5 matches against him?! Mix it up Roger and enough with the ego issues!

No comments: