Saturday, March 21, 2009

Indian Wells: Nadal to meet Roddick in the semis

“It's a difficult match-up for anyone... He seems to like this surface and it probably favors him. But with the way I serve, I think I'm always in there with a shot. I'm returning better, and I'm able to mix it up with my returns.”

“Going to be a really tough match... I have to play very well. I must serve well if I want to win and be focused all the time, play aggressive on the return and play right.”

Nadal [1] leads Roddick [7] 4-2 in their previous encounters, and their last match was in the Davis Cup semis in Spain last year, which obviously Nadal won.

Roddick easily dispatched Novak Djokovic [3] 6-3, 6-2 in the quarterfinals on Friday to set up the semifinal match with Nadal, who defeated Juan Martin Del Potro [6] 6-2, 6-4.

The match will follow Roger Federer's semifinal against Andy Murray which is scheduled to be played not before 1pm California time (10pm Cairo time).

No comments: