Monday, March 9, 2009

Video: Safin vs Djokovic - Which do you prefer?

I mean pants down, of course :D



Safin beat Felix Mantilla 6-4, 2-6, 6-2, 6-7, 11-9 in an epic match at Roland Garros back in 2004... Of course it was epic because of the pants incident not the score!!! :)

Here's what Safin said about the incident at the time:

"It just happened. I felt it was a great point for me and I felt like pulling my pants down," said Safin.

"Nobody complained. I thought it was entertaining and I was trying to make the game fun.


"There are officials who are trying to destroy the sport. It's going down the drain. It's a pity that we have these people running tennis."




That was Nole trying to pull a "Marat" during his Davis Cup match against Rafael Nadal on Sunday.

Just for the record, I'd pick Marat over Nole any day of the week that's for sure.

1 comment:

Mia said...

Hahaha I agree with you Reem. Safin trumps Djokovic!!! I remember that match. It was crazy. Too bad Safin is retiring :(
Mia