Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Miami Video: Nadal vs Wawrinka Highlights



World number 1, Rafael Nadal edged past Stanislas Wawrinka 7-6, 7-6 in 2 hours, 43 minutes of high quality tennis, in the Miami Masters last-16 action on Tuesday.

"Yeah, today was good match. Yeah. I had a lot of breakpoints and I didn't convert not one -- only one in the second set after a lot of chances. So maybe if I won a little bit more breakpoints the match seems like I was playing better, no? But I think, yeah, it was very important win. Wasn't a bad match," said Nadal after the match.

"I have Love-40 in the 5-4, 0-40, and I didn't have any chance. He played all the serves inside. First serves, very hard first serves. So I didn't have chances. Nothing. Just wait and try to be focus all the time to have more opportunities," added the Spaniard.

Nadal's quarterfinal opponent will be sixth-seed, Juan Martin Del Potro, who eliminated David Ferrer earlier on Tuesday.

The quarterfinals field is rock solid with all 8 players seeded in the top 10.

The complete quarterfinal fixtures are:

Wednesday
Roger Federer[2] vs Andy Roddick [5]
Novak Djokovic [3] vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [10]

Thursday
Andy Murray [4] vs Fernando Verdasco [8]
Rafael Nadal [1] vs Juan Martin Del Potro [6]

No comments: