Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pic This: Andy Murray and Alex Corretja

Photo via PAPhotos

Check out the latest on Murray at the 2011 Australian Open

I like the looks of that!! Looks like the Andy Murray-Alex Corretja pairing is working fine in Monte Carlo. The world number four has the help of Corretja for the claycourt swing, just like last year. Murray is yet to reach a quarterfinal in a clay event but he believes he is improving, especially with the help of two-time Roland Garros finalist, Corretja:

"He just brings something a bit different, certain drills and stuff, and tactically as well, that are fundamental on clay, that obviously he would have done playing and a lot of top guys do on clay now... It's nice sometimes to have a different opinion on things."


"It's challenging, when I have never made the quarter-finals of a (clay) tournament before. I'm just working hard to just try and keep up with the top guys... I'm trying to reach quarter-finals and semi-finals of tournaments for the first time that I've never been past the second or third round of before, and that's pretty exciting."


"It takes a bit of time to get used to the movement again. I haven't hit a ball on clay since the French last year... So it comes down to getting used to sliding, not being 100 per cent sure under your feet, it takes a bit of time but I'm hitting the ball well."

No comments: