Sunday, May 17, 2009

Djokovic left frustrated after Nadal loss

"It happened too often so I'm very disappointed that I can play this well and still not win a match."

"I don't think you need my comments. You could see everything. A couple of points decided the winner."


"Next time I'll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit with both of them. It's frustrating that when you play so well you can't win."


-- A shattered Djokovic speaks after losing to Nadal 3-6, 7-6, 7-6 in the Madrid Masters semis on Saturday.

I certainly feel for the young Serb, he was outplaying Rafa for a good set and a half, and then he kept fighting him till the very end and it all came down to 1 single point, but what can I say?!?! It's Rafa, the man with the heart of a lion and the brain of a robot. Regardless the result, in retrospect, Djokovic will have a lot to be proud of from this match, and from his entire clay court season.

No comments: