Monday, June 29, 2009

Quotes of the Day - Tsonga and Karlovic

Unlucky today. Can you describe the experience of being aced 46 times in a match? Can you describe what that feels like?

Tsonga: "Nothing. Nothing. What I can say? He served well, and that's it. That's the only thing I can tell."

How about your own level today? Are you happy with the way you played?

Tsonga: "I didn't play, so... I don't have to be happy or not. I don't play, that's it."

"I didn't play. He served well, and that's it."


-- World number 9, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, speaks after losing a tight 4-setter against Ivo Karlovic, who served his way past the Frenchman for a spot in the 4th round.

"If I can win with only one shot, I don't know, I'm a genius."

-- Croatian giant and Wimbledon's 22nd seed, Ivo Karlovic, talks about his lethal and possibly sole weapon, his serve.

All I can say is that my Wimbledon wish list now includes Fernando Verdasco gaining sudden super returning powers so he can hit back those Karlovic cannon balls in their 4th round match on Monday, because that guy is just unbelievable. How long do you think Karlovic can keep up that serving?

1 comment:

van said...

Hey Reem. I think they're both pretty accurate with their quotes! I'm anxious to see what Verdasco does, too. I just think guys have to focus on chipping the return over, if they can even pull that off!