Sunday, August 16, 2009

Quote of the Day - Murray relishing in #2 spot glory

"For five years it's been Rafa and Roger one and two."

"So it's such a tough thing to do because Roger and Rafa are I think are the two best maybe of all time."


"So it's pretty special to get in between them."


"Obviously in terms of rankings that's the biggest step that I've made so far."


And then the justification begins...

"I played consistently well this year and obviously Rafa had an injury but it was just really Wimbledon that he missed."

"I also took quite a big break after Wimbledon, so bar winning a slam, I've done enough to justify being two and getting closer to hopefully one day becoming number one."

-- Andy Murray reacts to becoming the new world number 2, after beating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the Montreal semifinals.

Am sure talks of Murray not winning a Slam yet, are just around the corner. I hope he's ready for all the drama. He worked hard to reach that spot but he can't act like Rafa missing Wimbledon has nothing to do with it... am I right?

Congratz to the Scot on reaching a new high. This will definitely spice up the action on tour the coming few weeks.

Murray faces Juan Martin Del Potro in the Montreal final today.

No comments: