Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rafa suffers "small problem" in tendon, is fine now and is prepping for Monty



According to the video above from the Mallorcan TV Channel IB3, Rafael Nadal suffered a small problem in his foot after Wimbledon that briefly interrupted his preparations for Montreal but both Nadal and his coach Toni Nadal assured that he is expected to be fine in the ATP Masters 1000 event in Canada next week.

Rafa: I didn’t start (practicing) much time ago but I am confident that next week when I leave for Montreal I will be at a high level physically.

I arrive in Montreal later than I would have liked to, but unfortunately I had to start training later than I wanted to. But it’s fine, I believe that the outcome could be positive and I can arrive at the US Open well prepared.

Toni: Since what happened at Wimbledon, which in the end turned out to be nothing, a small problem was found in the tendon but I think everything is fine now.

Time is a bit tight. We leave for Montreal on Thursday and we’ll see if the few days we have left are enough preparation-wise.

Obviously the US Open is the most important because it’s a Grand Slam, but all tournaments are important. And if you play well in Montreal as well as Cincinnati it gets easier to play well at the US Open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who are we kidding Rafa has NO problem in his foot

he's just being a bad loser