Wednesday, September 7, 2011

US OPEN VIDEO: Wozniacki under-fire for a harmless joke about Rafa's cramps



World No1 Caroline Wozniacki is under-fire after she jokingly imitated Rafael Nadal getting cramps in the press room for 10 brief seconds. That Rafa cramp story is taking a life of its own and I really don't understand where all this is coming from.

It's true that when I saw footage of Rafa on TV suffering the cramps for the first time, I was worried-sick for a few minutes until he showed up again, explained the situation and later said it was nothing but cramps.

I don't know how many people out there have actually suffered cramps but yes it's painful and yes it goes away shortly after, and yes it is NOT LIFE-THREATENING!

So calling it a "sensational health scare" is completely out of proportion and wanting to murder Wozniacki because she actually did something funny in one of her attempts to please the press is a huge overreaction.

Like Andy Roddick said: "Cramps are fine. It's not an injury. A cramp is a cramp. When you go to bed and your foot cramps, it's the same thing but your entire leg. For me, I heard about it. They were telling me it was like this whole thing and people were surrounding him. I kind of started laughing. I mean, I saw Rafa and he was laughing about it later on."

So if Andy's laughing about it and Rafa is laughing about it, why can't Caro do it? Everyone needs to take a chill pill or go and look up what a cramp really is.

Can't believe she even had to tweet this to clarify her intentions:

"Had a bit of fun last night b4 my press conference.Hope it was not taken the wrong way. I have the utmost respect and admiration of Rafa!!!"


Here's the Rafa press room incident in case you missed it.



What do you guys think? Funny or distasteful?

No comments: