Sunday, November 13, 2011

Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy meet Ronaldo at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Photo credit: © Reem Abulleil

I have to admit I haven't been devoted to my beloved tennis as much as I am known to be, for quite some time and my new job of 5 months at Sport360° is mostly to blame.

That very job though allowed me to cover the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this past weekend (a surreal and incredible experience I must say) and look who I bumped into at the paddock Sunday night...

Tennis-Golf couple Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy watched the race from the McLaren garage and on their way out after the race was over, the couple stopped to take a photo with Brazilian footballing legend, Ronaldo.

Caro was nice enough to talk to me and said it was her first Grand Prix and that she had an amazing time. Sadly I didn't have time to discuss any tennis with her but it was still great to get an awesome reminder of my beloved sport.

Now that the F1 with its flashiness, celebrities, super-awesome fast cars, glamorous drivers and magnanimous venue will depart the city, I vow to return to tennis for the London ATP World Tour Finals.

And just to prove I've been following the Tour through Twitter while I was at the Yas Marina Circuit... I'd like to say... way to go, Fed :)

2 comments:

The Couch Gymnast said...

Hello,
Please consider participating in an online survey about tennis bloggers for a study being conducted at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia.

The research is being conducted in order to gain a greater understanding of the motivations and behaviors of sports bloggers as well as their attitudes to mainstream sports media coverage of their chosen sport.
Find it here;

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SportsBloggerSurvey

Thomas Gamble said...

THANK YOU!!! I so appreciate this site. This is the information I was looking for.