Monday, May 28, 2012

FRENCH OPEN: Malek Jaziri talks to Eurosport after winning his first match in Paris


Here are some bits and pieces translated from this interview (thanks to the help of Rania Nazmi).
This is by no means a word for word translation of the whole interview.

Interviewer: We’ve been hearing your name for several seasons now, but today is a special day? 

Jaziri: It’s a dream I’ve had since I was a child. And it’s finally coming true. I’ve been training for years to real Grand Slams especially Roland Garros. I wasn’t far in the last few years. I’m so happy that I won today's match. It was a very difficult match and has given me confidence for my upcoming clashes.

On being Franco-Tunisien 

 I have a dual nationality. But since I was young I decided to play for Tunisia because I was born in Tunisia and trained there.

On playing with French tennis club TC Sarcelles 

It was the first club that accepted me in France. I’ve been playing there for several years. We started in the third division and now we’re in the first division. I feel like we’re all a family there, I like playing for them.

Interviewer: Did you get any help from any federations? 

When I was 15 the ITF helped me out a bit.

On his upcoming match against Granollers 

He’s a friend but on court of course it's a different story.

No comments: