Thursday, December 26, 2013

Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer, Murray, Wawrinka, Tsonga... Who would win that 100m sprint?

Photo courtesy of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship

As the six top-10 players who are playing in Abu Dhabi this weekend (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer, Murray, Wawrinka, Tsonga) lined up on Yas Marina Circuit Thursday morning, posing for a photoshoot like they were about to come out of the blocks for a race, the question just had to be asked - Which one of them would win a 100m sprint race against one another?

I've asked some of the players and here are the responses:

Novak Djokovic:  "That's a good question (laughs). Andy asked everyone that question, who would win a race against each other and he gave the advantage to Tsonga and I gave an advantage to Ferrer. We didn’t try it but we might in the next few days, for fun."

Andy Murray: "Who have you asked? ... 100m, I think Jo (Tsonga) will probably win. Once he gets going he’s very very fast."

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: "I can’t believe you’ve got to ask this question." (sorry Jo, my bad!)

Stanislas Wawrinka: "It depends on the distance, if it’s 100m maybe Ferrer would win."

David Ferrer: "Me? I'm 31 years old, the oldest one of those guys, no way I would win. Maybe Rafa or Nole."

What do you guys think?

No comments: